Window application that allows general Pokemon editing tasks, same as PokeSav.
This program can be used for Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.
- Generating Action Replay codes to create Pokemon, modify the Pokedex, and add Mystery Gift data, including exporting to an XML file that can be dragged to the Action Replay code manager
- Loading and saving of save files. Pokemon data and Pokedex data can be fully modified
- Loading and saving of party and PC .pkm files (136, 220, and 236 byte, encrypted and unencrypted)
- Adding Wonder Cards to save files
- Conversion of Action Replay codes into Pokemon information (This is limited.)
- Finding a PID to match IVs, nature, gender, ability, shininess, and hidden power type/power - with variable IVs
- Recalculating save file checksums
- Editing items
- Editing C-Gear background images
Windows XP or newer is required. It does run without issues on "emulated" Windows programs for Mac OS and Linux.
This is only applicable to generation 4 games, and maybe not even HG/SS.
Using codes for party Pokemon can sometimes cause bad eggs upon activating the code. You can just activate it again and it should fix the problem. (You can check the summary after activating each time to see if it's fixed, or just close the party display and re-open it.)
Pokemon can be dragged around amongst party/box slots.
.pkm files can be dragged into and from party/box slots.
You can associate compatible files (save files, .pkm files, etc) with PokeGen to be able to easily load them from Explorer windows.
If you don't want to receive updates to certain languages, delete the corresponding language file.
If you can't figure out how to do something, read the tooltips. Tooltips are an informative message that gets displayed when you stop your mouse pointer over a control (editbox, dropdown box, button, etc) for a short period of time.
Note: Be sure to always keep backups of your save files prior to editing.
Holding alt and clicking a Pokemon icon will display that Pokemon's information instead of requiring you to right click and "View data".
Holding shift + alt and clicking a Pokemon icon will set the slot's data with the tab's data. Obviously this is equivalent to right clicking and selecting "Set".